I would like to share with you an awesome Reading Activity Pack which was created by Kelle Lima Writerverse Journey.
As you know, reading
- helps develop language, social, emotional, and listening skills;
- expands the understanding of the world without needing to experience things yourself, and
- stimulates the imagination!
And this is what this boundle does exactly… help your kids to thrive by guiding them throughout their reading year ( ages 5-6 will likely need assistance filling in the printables while older children can use the template pages independently)!
This boundle is best for kids ages 5-7 and contains the following:
A coloring quote cover
A “Reading Tracker” coloring page: the child shall color as they read. At the end of the year, they count all items they’ve colored to find out how many books they’ve read. Print multiple pages if needed
A “Reading Scavenger Hunt” coloring page: those are some theme ideas children can explore (but we all know there are many more!) Kids can color – or cross it – as they read one of the suggestions
A “Suggested Reads” list: incredible books that help children thrive. Nobody paid me anything to add those books here, but I’ve personally read them with my child, and I absolutely recommend them. Read their summary on their website to see if that would fit your needs (type their website or scan the QR-Code with your phone).
A “Reading Log” fill-in page: help children fill in the book information as they read it for tracking purposes if desired
“Favorite Words” fill-in page: those three templates are what a few educators call “a word bank.” It will enrichen children’s vocabulary as they fill
A “Doodle About The Book” page: a blank page kids can explore their creative side. Kids can doodle, copy a character, or even draw a new character or write a sequel! This is a safe space for children to be inspired after reading a book!
A “Book Review” fill-in page: this template intends to help children understand the basic concept of a book review, to profile a book, and maybe help them understand their likes and dislikes while reading books
“Star Reader” fill-in pages: 8 printable templates of reading award certificates to help boost children’s self-esteem. Let them know they are doing fantastic and they should be proud of themselves
(best for Ages 5-7)
- Underwater ABC by Barbara Pinke
- Along Came Oliver by Kelle Lima
- Lulu And The Missing Tooth Fairy by S.E. Richey
- Counting To Bananas by Carrie Tillotson
- It Must Be Autumn by Michelle Wang
- Where Do Pirates Go On Vacation? by Kim Ann
- I Wish You Happiness by Michael Wong
- Oliver And The Wishing Star by Jennifer Decker
- Cutest Pumpkin In The Patch by Carli Valentine
- Mighty Mila by Katie Petruzziello
- Beeing Happy With Unicorn Jazz and Friends by Lisa Caprelli
- Bubble Head, It’s Time For Bed by Misty Black
- The Carousel King And The Space Mission by Leticia Ordaz
- We Find Joy: Cancer Messesd With The Wrong Family by Charissa Bates
- Bertie The Very Blind Bat by Joanne Moore
- We Love Our Glasses by STephanie Lipsey-Liu
- Operation Nana by Kelle Lima
Would you like to have access to this awesome Reading Activity Pack?
Click here to register to my Fun Zone and you can get ✼ wordsearches ✼ book report templates ✼ mazes ✼ coloring sheets ✼ checklists ✼ lesson plans ✼ and many more.